Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Work

I work because I like it.  It's a breath of fresh air from the boy. Yes, I'm a bad mommy for saying so.  To those doubters, I say...Bite Me.  The thought of spending 24 hours a day, seven days a week with my 4 year-old makes me want to rip my hair out by the roots.  Hooray to those moms who can.  I'm just not built that way.

Do I feel guilty?  Of course, but I like adult conversation.  I also spent four years in college and $50,000.  It's best that I get a return on my and my parent's money. Does that make a me a bad person?  No, it tells me what my limits are.  My day care provider spent years learning how to teach young children.  She is better equipped to handle teaching my son early life lessons. Plus, he's learning social skills by being around other children. He's happy, I'm happy everybody is happy.

I think every parent makes the decisions that are best for them.  Parents choices are tough.  I don't want to walk in anyone shoes.  Mine are enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment