Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Beginning

I’m guilty, guilty of feeling like a failure all the time.  How in the world is a woman supposed to balance being a wife, mother, maid, cook and have a full-time job? 

The Perfect Working Mother is a legend, an enigma.  You can't have it all without something suffering.  There are simply not enough hours in the day. I spend 90% of my time worrying that I'm not spending enough time or effort with my young son.My husband and house are neglected and I feel overwhelmed all the time.  At the end of the day, there's no time for me or anyone else.

So, I'm taking my life back.  I refuse to feel guilty because I work 40 hours a week. I refuse to feel guilty because my house looks like a tornado ripped through it.  And, I refuse to feel guilty for taking time for myself.

I have 43 things that I want to accomplish in the next five years both short term and long term goals.  Life's an adventure and it's time that I stop being miserable and start accomplishing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment