Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Volcanoes


In my quest to be the perfect mother, I decided to attempt making giant Rice Krispie Treat Easter Eggs for my son to take to his preschool. The word is attempted. I managed to make Giant Easter Volcanoes.

Never, ever will I try to follow a recipe again that came in the coupon section of the newspaper. The irony, I work for a newspaper. The boy enjoyed watching is mother scream, "It's burning." while trying to shape the treats into eggs.  I had gooey rice krispies EVERYWHERE.  I finally gave up and shaped the treats to fit inside of 1-cup Pampered Chef bowls.  Once the Rice Krispies were molded, I melted white chocolate to cover the tops.

It's not the best, but the kids seemed to enjoy them. What else can you get covered in chocolate, cereal and marshmallow? Thankfully, there won't be another "kid-friendly" holiday until Halloween.  Ah, the things you go through to make your kid think, "you're the best mommy."

Here's to another notch in my Not-so-Perfect-Mommy belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment